Parents must be very careful when choosing a daycare in Atlanta for their children, however even unintentional injuries to children in these facilities can be serous or even fatal. Annually more than 30,000 children between the ages of 1 and 3 are treated in emergency rooms in throughout the U.S. for injuries occurring in daycare centers.
If your children has been injured by an Atlanta Georgia Daycare Facility Please Contact us now for A Free Consultation
Injury Hazards to Children in Daycare Centers
Children in daycare centers can be injured by many visibly hazards, such as unsafe playgrounds and objects in clasrooms. Other hazards to children in daycare centers may not be so obvious such as easily reachable window blind cords or drawstrings on children’s clothing, which may result in choking or strangulation to unsupervised children.
Parents must try to inspect their child’s daycare center regularly to ensure the following safety measures are being met and maintained:
- Check Playground equipment is functioning properly and surfaces don’t have any defects
- Storage containers with cleaning supplies, medicines and other toxic substances should be away from the reach of children
- Stairwells and other dangerous parts of the facility should be closed to children
- Any knives, razors, matches and other dangerous objects are out of the reach of the children
- Recalled children’s products such as toys, cribs and any other products should be removed and keep recall notices updated on a regular basis
- Cribs, high chairs, and playpens should meet current safety standards.
Atlanta Childcare and Daycare Injury Lawyer
If your child has been seriously or fatally injured in an accident at an Atlanta daycare center, the daycare may be liable for damages for failure to properly maintain the facility or for failure to comply with local licensing regulations. Contact the experience lawyers at Jonathan W. Johnson to seek counsel and for the compensation to which you and your family are entitled for your child’s injury and tragic loss.
Click Here to Contact Us Now or Call us (404) 298-0795 for a Free Consultation
Atlanta Georgia Daycare Injury Lawyer